The Sudden Infant Death (SID) Network of Ohio is a statewide 501 (c)(3) organization located in Cuyahoga Falls. Regional SIDS organizations existed in Ohio for more than 35 years and in 1998 these affiliates merged to become the SID Network of Ohio.
The SID Network of Ohio promotes infant safety in an effort to reduce the rate of SIDS and Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID). We accomplish this through the promotion of infant health and wellness, community education and medical research. We also provide supportive services to those who have been affected by the sudden loss of a child age 2 and under.
We offer information and education on a variety of topics including SIDS/SUID; known risk factors and ways to reduce the risk of SIDS; infant safe sleep guidelines and bereavement.
To increase public awareness and knowledge of SIDS / Sudden Unexpected Infant Death(SUID) by:
- Educating the public at-large of SIDS risk reduction practices and infant safe sleep measures
- Participating in community outreach programs
- Serving as a comprehensive source for a variety of informational and educational materials
- Providing materials to promote safe sleeping environments for babies
- Distributing a statewide newsletter
To provide Sudden Infant Death education and training for medical and health-related professionals by:
- Providing free training sessions
- Serving as a statewide clearinghouse for SIDS/SUID and infant safe sleep literature and information
- Offering consultation and technical support
To reduce the emotional suffering that accompanies a sudden and unexplained infant death by:
- Providing free bereavement literature and information
- Providing referral and regional bereavement support contacts to SIDS/SUID families
- Maintaining a national toll-free information hotline for parents, professionals, and the general public, (800) 477-7437
To maintain a statewide database on all Sudden and Unexpected Infant Deaths in Ohio on behalf of the Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio State Coroners Association.
To view our Federal Tax Returns: 2013 Federal Tax Return>
All data and reports found at this site are the copyrighted material of the original contributors and may not be redistributed or modified without their permission. This material is for your private information and we are not soliciting any action based upon it. The material is based upon information that we consider reliable, but we do not represent that it is correct.